The TARNANTHI learning program supports educators and F-12 student engagement with works of art by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists. Learning programs are aligned with the Australian Curriculum: Visual Arts learning area, and connect to the general capabilities and cross curriculum priority areas.
Learning opportunities offered through the program include:
- responding by using eyes, ears and imaginations
- discussing how and why works are made (and displayed)
- investigating a diversity of forms, exploring varieties of techniques and materials
- sharing what is seen as an audience
- making by experimenting with new or familiar materials to tell their own story
TARNANTHI Interpretive Guides
Encourage students to take a closer look at selected works of art and to explore key concepts associated with the exhibition using our free interpretive guides.